Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stitchery and Rashes

Mark was watching Bella one time while watching TV on the bed and she fell asleep like this. I just had to get a picture.

Ok...Nate and I had my sister Sharon and her hubby Glen for Christmas this year. Well, about this time last year (maybe a little earlier) I had the idea of doing these monthly stitchery hangings that Nate's sister Shannon created. I started on them and I finally got them done (all except November and December). They were quite an undertaking, but they were a lot of fun and I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was done. I finally gave them to her while they were out here for a wedding. When I finish Nov. and Dec. I will post pictures of them. Now I just need to start on mine.







I created this one. Go Cubs!!!





So there they are. Let me know what you all think of them. Now on to Rob and rashes. Last Tuesday morning I noticed a red rash on the back of both of Rob's arms. I tried to figure out what might be causing it, but I couldn't think of anything. By the end of the day, it had spread to his back, face, legs, basically all over his body. We took him to an after hours clinic. After spending 3 hours there and seeing a nurse practitioner, not a doctor, we still didn't know really what it was. She prescribed a dose of steroids to see if that did anything. It didn't. The next morning I called his pediatritions office and got him in for an appointment with a new doctor there. By this point the rash had gotten a lot worse. She looked and him and asked a bunch of questions. Then she went to get a book on rashes. She came back and showed me a picture of what Rob had/has. It's called Slap Face caused by a virus that kids get. It is called that because usually it starts on the face and looks like the face has been slapped. It is kind of a lacey pattern. By the time you get the rash, the virus is gone. It has no symptoms and is not really harmful. It lasts about 3-7 days but can last up to 2-3 weeks. I tried to get some pictures and this is as good as I was able to get. Rob does not like to hold still for pictures. He is an on the go boy. His whole body looked like this. It is a lot better now. The only place he has the rash is on his hands now. That is our story of rashes.



6 comments:

Steph said...

Very cute... the stitchery and Bella, not the rash. :)

Karmann said...

Loved that picture of Bella!! So cute! You are quite the crafty girl! Loved the stitchery! I am so sorry about those rashes!!! No fun! I am glad that there isnt any side affects!

Prax Family said...

Ahhhh...slap face. Yep, been there, scared to death, and learned it was 'no big deal.' Also I did the stitchery when I was in high school and you are farther than I am! I still have to piece them into the fabric. I'm pathetic, but seeing how cute yours is makes me want to finish!

KT said...

Cute picture of Bella. You are so crafty-the stitchery stuff is great. And I'm glad Rob's rash is getting better. It so hard when your kids are sick and it takes awhile to get it figured out.

Julie said...

Cute stitchery! I wish you had had me for Christmas instead of Sharon. :) You'll have to let me know how you did it sometime - where did you get the patterns? I'm glad Rob is ok, must have been scary to see that rash all over!

Steph said...

Wow I am thoroughly impressed with the stitchery!! I need to come up with stuff like that, you are so creative!! I'm sorry that Rob had that rash, scary!! Glad he's all better though!! Bella sure is a cutie!