For Rob's birthday this year I decided to look online and see if I could find a pretty easy way to make a Lightning McQueen cake. I found one that look not too bad and decided to give it a try. This was my first time making any sort of cake like this and my first time using fondant. It was pretty easy to do and I think it took me about 4 hours over the span of 2 days to make. First I made the cake, cooled it, then froze it overnight. The next day, I cut and shaped it to look like the car. Then I covered it with frosting. Then I mixed food coloring paste into the fondant to make the red color. I rolled that out, covered the cake, and cut off the excess. I colored more fondant to make the tires, numbers, and lightning bolts. The windows, teeth, and anything else that is white is just plain fondant. I painted on the eyes and piped on the writing and outline in black. Rob LOVED it and his reaction made it all worth it. The website/blog I got it from is www.kitchenscrapebook.com She has made a lot of other cakes and her directions were GREAT! I think I will use her website/blog to make future cakes.
I am a stay at home mom of two great kids. Nate and I met the summer of 2004 while working at EFY. We dated long distance then got married on our one year anniversary. We currently live in Layton, UT. Nate graduated December 2009 in Athletic Training. He has passed the BOC exam so now the job hunt is on. We have a little boy and girl. I grew up outside Chicago and Nate grew up here in Layton. I love to read and play with my kids.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Rob!!! Wow that cakes looks AMAZING!!!! You did an awesome job! So impressed!!!! Love you!
Post a Comment