Friday, August 7, 2009

Rob's Surgery

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. Rob had his surgery on July 20th. He ended up having to stay the night because he wouldn't eat or drink anything. We figured that would happen knowing his history with hospitals and not eating or drinking being the reason he stays longer. The surgery itself went great. They actually did it in 20 minutes instead of 30. He didn't really have any bleeding. He was pretty upset and in a lot of pain that first day. He wouldn't let me put him down or anything. I had to hold him while in the bed with him. He did finally get to go home the next day. It took him quite a while (1 1/2 weeks) before he was back to himself. He only wanted his mommy so I didn't get ANYTHING done for at least a week. Finally he started eating better and would go to other people. At his post-op check-up the doctor said he was healing well. He still is not sleeping through the night, but we are going to work on that next week while Nate is off work. Bella is going to move into our room until that problem is fixed. His breathing is a lot better though and he no longer snores. So that is how everything went. We are thankful for the doctor that discovered the problem and performed the surgery.




His IV was in his foot and he hated it. He hated any tubes hooked to him.

Playing with his cars. They brought the toy in for him to play with.

Watching Curious George with Kitty.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Poor little guy, I'm sure it was no fun to be hooked up to an i.v. What a trooper! I'm glad the surgery went well, and I hope he starts sleeping through the night soon!